james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

My complaint about Barclays was made in Jersey because i had

Customer Question

My complaint about Barclays was made in Jersey because i had an account there, although I am NOT A RESIDENT THERE.....Can i ask the Ombudsman for the judgment to be made in UK where I am resident
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: No I have not talked to a Lawyer yet about this subject......I live back in UK....
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have made a complaint to Barclays in jersey because that was were the money was kept
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Please answer my last question please
Expert:  james bruce replied 11 days ago.

The financial ombudsman in the U.K. only deal with matters in the U.K. Jersey does not come under their remit. They only deal with financial matters provided in or from the U.K.

Jersey does have there own financial ombudsman.

https://www.gov.je/SiteCollectionDocuments/Industry%20and%20finance/R%20FSO%20Scheme%20Consultation%20Document%2020110315%20SW.pdf#:~:text=under%20consideration%20in%20Jersey%20since%20then.%20The%20Financial,ombudsman%20scheme%20for%20financial%20services%20offered%20in%20Jersey.

Hello, I am just following up on your enquiry to see if I can assist further. Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.

Expert:  james bruce replied 10 days ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. I am pleased I was able to be of assistance. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.