james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

I have a question that is the subject of British Law but did

Customer Question

Hi I have a question that is the subject of British Law but did not occur in the UK
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: I live in the UK but the question relates to Malawi which is basically British Law
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: None
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I don't think so
Expert:  james bruce replied 9 days ago.

Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.
qw2

Does the legal matter actually relate to the U.K. or to a matter in Malawi

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
James hi and thanks for coming back. The incident occurred in Malawi but Malawi law is virtually British law, as it was a British protectorate/colony and Britain set up all the laws there. My problem is very serious. So there is nothing strange about the laws there

As it relates to there, you would need to really deal with a lawyer there.

As it so happen I actually know a solicitor from the U.K. who now lives and works in Malawi. We use to have the same sporting interests together years ago.

I have attached his details so you would be able to make contact if you wish.

https://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk/person/42940/ewen-angus-mcgowan

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
James thanks for that. As I am not going to use you will somebody sort out my £5 refund

Https://www.justanswer.co.uk/help/how-to-request-refund

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I have spoken to James and he has explained that he cannot assist me and therefore I require my £5 refund

I can try and answer your question but if the legal issue is in Malawi, you would need to speak to a lawyer there. Although the legal system is based on English law, it has also developed in its own way. That is what I have helped you with details of an English lawyer in the country.