ReadyLaw
ReadyLaw, Lawyer
Experience:  Bar Professional Training Course
104128041

Can I be detained at the airport on court order, I will be

Customer Question

Can I be detained at the airport on court order
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: i am British
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: I will be coming England soon
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Not yet
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 9 days ago.

Hi, welcome to JA, I amCustomerone of legal experts here. My goal is to provide you with the best experience possible and answer any questions which you may have about your current situation. I may not respond immediately, this is because I may need a few minutes to read what you shared above, type and respond to you. Feel free to ask any follow up questions as needed until you are satisfied.

Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 9 days ago.

Yes unfortunately you can be. If there is a warrant out for your arrest, you may be detained once you arrive at the airport.

Can I clarify anything for you? I hope I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I have left the UK since 3 months to come to the Afghanistan.( family visit). I am still here and will be coming soon to the UK. While I was there I had a brawl with my ex-wife husband. Later on police arrest me and were behind bars for a night and later released me and dropped the case against me by my ex. I have 2 kids from ex which is still with her and the future of the kids is still not sorted. She uses the kids as a tool and I gave her a warning to hand over or sort out the issue. Since I left the London and been 3 months I haven’t heard from police but 2 weeks before they have visited my address and were looking for me
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I am in Afghanistan
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Now I am asking if I come to the Uk am I be detained? Or as soon I have landed I have to give them a call
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 9 days ago.

I cannot say whether you will be detained or not upon your arrival. This will be dependent on whether there is a warrant out for your arrest. You will have to call the police station that came out to see you or that arrested you to confirm whether they have issued a warrant for you or whether they just came out to have an informal talk. If there is a warrant, you will be detained. If there is no warrant then there is no need to worry.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
If there is a court order against me upon my arrival in the UK shall I tell them that I have a lawyer I can’t say anything but to contact him. Is that true?
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 9 days ago.

I cannot be any clearer than I have been above I'm afraid. I also must tell you the law as it is so you are not misled. If there is a warrant out for your rest the very likelihood is that you will be detained. You are not required to give any information to anyone without your lawyer being present.