MarianC
MarianC, Solicitor
Experience:  20 years experience in Wills and Probates and Trusts
109551472

I own a house 5050 with my relative. I would like to set up

I own a house 5050 with my relative. I would like to set up a declaration of trust.My relative currently pays the mortgage and I would like to set it up in a way that the split is equal in the event of a sale however I want to ensure he does not lose out on the mortgage contributions he has made so I would like that to be repaid back to him from my share in the property. If I make that agreement and I have a divorce with my wife in the future and my wife wants to claim on a property which has been bought before I got married
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: would the court accept my agreement
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this yet?
Customer: I haven’t filled any papers in court
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no that’s all

Hello, this is MarcInLaw and welcome to JustAnswer. I will be the lawyer working with you today and I will be happy to advise you to the extent possible on this platform. I will review your question and I will be back with my answer shortly. You will get notified when my answer is ready therefore there is no need to wait online.

Good evening, thank you for your question. It is possible to have a Declaration of trust for this, so usually the repayment would come out of the proceeds of sale before either you or your wife receive anything.

Marian

MarianC, Solicitor
Experience: 20 years experience in Wills and Probates and Trusts
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I have 3 properties with my relatives. I bought one of the properties before marriage with the help of my mum and brother and since then I have added my relative as an owner of the property. This relative of mine has added me to their property which they bought before I got married but added me to their property after I got married and my relatives brother has also added me to their property after I got married.To make it abit more clear to you no money has been exchanged. The properties have all been bought before I got married and we all have our family living in these properties. My ex wife has not lived in any of these properties and she has not contributed anything. I have been married 4 years and 11 months and i have two children 2 and 4 and i have applied to court for 5050 custody of my children. My ex wife has been given a house from the council. Whilst we were married she worked fulltime earning similar to me. She has sighted domestic violence and got a council house. So my ex wife and my children have been housed.What percentage may I end up paying her out?
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Cancel the phone call