james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

I would like to do a background check on one of my parents,

Customer Question

Hello, I would like to do a background check on one of my parents, especially for arrest and court records, how would I go about doing this for free? If not possible for free then the cheapest way posssible?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: London, England
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: None so far, I was not too sure how to go about doing this
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No, nothing else thank you.
Expert:  james bruce replied 5 days ago.

Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.

Very sorry but this is not something you will have access to.
An individual can access there own basic DBS record..

Employers can obtain a copy of the DBS and in some employment positions can obtain an enhanced  record.

But you have no access as an individual to someone else’s records.

Hello, I am just following up on your enquiry to see if I can assist further. Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. I am pleased I was able to be of assistance. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.