How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ReadyLaw Your Own Question
ReadyLaw, Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2556
Experience:  Bar Professional Training Course
Type Your Law Question Here...
ReadyLaw is online now

I just require some advice. What will happen after

This answer was rated:

hi, I just require some advice. What will happen after submitting my C100 form to the court regarding contact with my child after separation with my wife. I would just like to know the court procedures and what else I should be aware of.
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: I have had a mediation session and now I want to submit the c100 form
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: yes I know which court it will be in colchester family and magistrates court
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no

Hi, welcome to JA, I amCustomerone of legal experts here. My goal is to provide you with the best experience possible and answer any questions which you may have about your current situation. I may not respond immediately, this is because I may need a few minutes to read what you shared above, type and respond to you. Feel free to ask any follow up questions as needed until you are satisfied.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Hi, nice to meet you. I had nothing more to add at the minute.
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Hi, nice to meet you. I had nothing more to add at the minute.'

That is fine. kindly give me a minute I am in the process of typing a response to your query.

Thanks for your patience and enquiry.

Once you have filed the C100, the court will send a notice to both you and the other parent notice that the application has been filed. The other parent also known as the respondent will be given an opportunity to respondent to the application.

The court will then list the matter for a first dispute resolution hearing. At this first hearing the court will consider the information provided and see whether the matter is such that CAFCASS ( social workers) needs to get involved. The courts will encourage parties at this stage to amicably resolve matters if possible. CAFCASS may also be instructed to make initial enquiries regarding the welfare of the child involved. The court does not usually consider the evidence at this first hearing. If an agreement cannot be reached at this stage the courts will then make directions to progress the case and get the case ready for a full hearing in which the evidence could be heard. At the hearing the court will usually consider any reports by cafcass if one was recommended.

ReadyLaw and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
okay ive understood. Thank you so much for such a clear and detailed reply. Thats all I wanted to know

You are most welcome. Happy I was able to help.