How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 19373
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

I have a commercial landlord who is part of a council who is

This answer was rated:

I have a commercial landlord who is part of a council who is trying to blame by business for a water leak that has caused thousands in damage. But it has become very clear that it was not my business and the actual aged building and plumbing that has caused the issue. Yet they refuse to accept liability and are giving people my details and insurance information. What do I do?
JA: Where is the landlord? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Lancashire
JA: What steps has the landlord taken so far?
Customer: Replaced all pipework on my business premises before even telling me there had been a leak, giving my details out to people who need to claim for damage
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: They have not given any evidence that the leak came from my property. Refuse to let me see CCTV and took no photos of the situation before replacing plumbing

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

If you need to contact customer services you can do so by calling free on: 0808(###) ###-####or by email: *****@******.***

You may get a request offering you a telephone call. I am more than happy to do this for you but please note that this is a premium service and therefore attracts an additional charge. This charge is not instead of asking an online question but in addition to. You do not have to accept a telephone call and if you do not wish to have it, please do not click on the request for one. Should you do so then you will be charged for the call.

I will try and answer your question promptly, but as this is an online service there can be delays.

Don’t worry you do not have to wait here for an answer and you will get an email when I respond.

Now let me just take a look and your question and I will see if I can provide an answer for you.

It really depends. If you are not making a claim then there is nothing you need to do.

if others only are trying to make a claim you simply deny the claim and direct it to the landlord.

further, if you are insured then as soon as anyone says they are going to make a claim then you pass it to your insurers to deal with.

that should resolve it for you.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

I was just following up to see if there is anything else I can assist you with today? If so, just let me know.

If not, then I am happy to have been able to assist you.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Think I also need to mention the business is a council indoor market hall. I run a bakery on a stall. The manager stated I left a tap on overnight with a glove in the sink which caused over 400ltrs of water in the market hall.
But they had to replace the plumbing on my stall to fix the issue (all done before I was even told about this issue)
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I just refer them to my insurance and they will deal with it? My insurance stated that if it is under 10k they will just pay it and won't look into the matter. Which concerns me as I strongly believe I am not at fault on this

Again, it’s down to your insurers to deal with. I hope that helps.

Jamie-Law and 4 other Law Specialists are ready to help you