Marcinlondon
Marcinlondon, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Lawyer - 8 years experience
110941711

My daughter is in a school in England (Clitheroe) and she

My daughter is in a school in England (Clitheroe) and she has become ill. The school asks me to return to Spain, but I need to go to accompany her on her return. I will be in the UK for less than 48 hours, do I need to buy the 2 and 8 day tests? Of course I will go with negative PCR and isolate myself until the return
JA: What steps has your daughter taken? Has she filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country does your daughter live in? If different, what is her citizenship?
Customer: She is currently in uk with pre-settled status done. She is only 15yr old
JA: Has your daughter talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: It just happen yesterday is an emergency and a 15yr old girls normally do not talk with lawyers
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no

Hello, this is MarcInLaw and welcome to JustAnswer. I will be the lawyer working with you today and I will be happy to advise you to the extent possible on this platform. I am sorry to hear about your daughter. Unfortunately, after you arrive in England, you must:

• take 2 coronavirus tests - you’ll need to book these before you travel
  • quarantine for 10 days - either in the place you’re staying or in a quarantine hotel

You have to take these tests and quarantine, even though you provided a negativ test result to enter England. This is regardless of how short your stay is.

All this information is available here: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-testing-for-people-travelling-to-england#:~:text=The%20test%20must%20meet%20performance,mediated%20isothermal%20amplification%20(LAMP)%20tests

Please let me k now if you have any other questions. I am happy to help.

I hope this helps. As stated above, please come back in case you need any clarifications. Best regards

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Thanks. Its is very clear.