How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask John Your Own Question
John, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1852
Experience:  10 years legal experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
John is online now

Is about my content insurance with Halifax, I broke my phone

This answer was rated:

Hi good morning
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Is about my content insurance with Halifax
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I broke my phone and they asked me to send to them to repaur or replace
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: The phone fell in my kitchen. According to it was hit by sharp object. But tge problem is, it damaged and either repair or replace

Hello, how are you? Welcome to JustAnswer. My name is***** am a solicitor and I will be assisting you today. Please note there may be delays in responding as I am away helping other customers but I will get back to you as soon as I can.  I may also need to ask you some clarifying questions to determine the legal position.

Thanks for your message, I appreciate it is important to you. How can I help you today?

John and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
John i did content insurance with Halifax. My phone fell in the kitchen and screen was broken. I posted to them to repair or replace.
Later they sent phone back to me and said it was hit by sharl object so they won't pay. Worse is, they said is fraud and also closed my account.
I was really not happy

Hello, following our telephone call I would suggest you chase the Ombudsman for a response as soon as possibble.

As also mentioned you may talk court action against the company, and to do this, what you need to do is write them a formal “Letter Before Action”. In this letter you will need to state the amount you are seeking to recover and the reasons why. You will also need to give them a deadline to raise the payment by, usually it is 14 days in which to receive payment.

If payment is not received within 14 days, then you will need to issue a claim against them in the small claims court. You can do this by visiting this site

Or you can do it by post by using form N1 which you can find here and posting it to:

County Court Money Claims Centre

PO Box 527


Greater Manchester

M5 0BY

I attach a template letter you can use, you will need to edit it.

I hope this helps. Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions. I am happy to help.