Marcinlondon
Marcinlondon, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Lawyer - 8 years experience
110941711

If i arrived uk march 2020 and got granted pre settled

If i arrived uk march 2020 and got granted pre settled status under eu settlement scheme due to being eu national. I worked from march 2020 to november 2020 in uk full time in a company. I traveled to my home country, argentina in december to escape the third wave of covid. Then i am back again here in 2nd march 2021. With a new full time job. If i loose my job, would i be entitled to benefits like housing and universal credit if i do not have any capital or income at that moment?

Hello, this isCustomerand welcome to JustAnswer. I will be the lawyer working with you today and I will be happy to advise you to the extent possible on this platform. As long as you haven't lost your status, i.e. you have not left the UK for more than 6 months in any 12 month period, you should be able to access public funds such as benefits and pensions, if you’re eligible for them.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any follow up questions. I am happy to help.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I did not loose my status
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
But i am worried if they would charge me a criminal offence due to not filling the household cencus
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I filled it individually
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
But someone has to still send the hpusehold census
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
household

I don't think this is relevant. You completed your census and the fact that household census was not completed - doesn't affect your rights to claim benefits.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Ok and do you know once i qualify for housing universal credit for how long i would be able to claim them? If i still dont find a suitable job and dont have any income or capital

It really depends on a case by case basis. You will need to ask Universal Credit about this.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
about housing benefit? Is the same?

It is part of Universal Credit now. So if you qualify for it and meet all the criteria it will be treated the same way.