12826847

An individual is making statements about me without proof.

An individual is making statements about me without proof. It is a defamation of character.
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Online U.K London
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: none
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

Not necessarily.

It depends whether it is true or fair comment.

It doesn't need to be proven by the stater.

in fact, to sue in defamation the statement would have to be disproven by the claimant.

I am sorry but I have to tell you the truth.

Do remember that I can only give you my opinion.

Another lawyer may have a different opinion. Litigation needs at least 2 parties and neither goes to court expecting to lose.

Nonetheless, one of them does, even though they have been told by their respective legal advisers that they have a good chance of success.

If there was a black-and-white answer to every legal problem there would be no need for anything to ever proceed to court.

The ultimate decision comes from a county court judge in a civil case or from the magistrate in a criminal case heard in the magistrates court or the jury in Crown Court.

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Hi... What do you mean the statement would have to be disproven by the claimant in order to sue in defamation

I can call in about an hour if you still want that now I've answered.

As to your second question; it can really be simpllfied any more.  You would have to disprove it.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
HERE IS THE ENTIRETY OF THE SITUATIONThis is About Defamation of Character
Hosted Website: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGdLAK56PrwOn April 18th 2021, a podcast on YOUTUBE and maybe also on APPLE PODCAST & SPOTIFY and others unknown if any. An individual by the name of ‘Oluwaseyi Balogun’ said the following statements without proof, which damaging me David Sunday (EAT TO LIVE NOT TO DIE LTD) & Amaserwaa Ofori (MUTULU LTD)1. Revealing ‘David Sunday’s business location and nature of business.
27:07 “He’s outside iceland in brixton selling alkaline food”2. Further revealing ‘David Sunday’s identity by saying the name of the individual that my client bases his business on
and holds in high esteem. 27:13 “He’s a Dr. Sebi protege. At least he thinks he is”. False claim and defamation.3. Insinuating that ‘David Sunday’ has physically abused Amaserwaa’s daughter. False claim and defamation.
And is grooming Amaserwaa’s daughter. 28:42 “The man put his hand on her” and 34:02 “But he kisses me on the lips”.4. 2:58 Oluwaseyi states Amaserwaa used his vulnerability as a ploy to get pregnant early. False claim and defamation.5. 7:10 Amaserwaa introduced Oluwaseyi to the three men she slept with. False claim and defamation.6. 9:55 Oluwaseyi states he gave Amaserwaa the business IBILE BOTANICA. False claim.7. 17:19 Oluwaseyi states he slapped Amaserwaa. False claim.
Oluwaseyi punched Amaserwaa in the left eye and was violent to Amaserwaa on three separate occasions.8. 21:55 Oluwaseyi states Amaserwaa threatened her son with the statement “people are going to rape your bottom out”.
False claim and defamation.9. 30:55 Oluwaseyi makes a threatening remark. “I’m doing all this because when something happens”. This is a threat.

1 If yo uare David Sunday then this could be a defamation but you have to prove it was untrue.

2 That isn't defamation

3 That could be defamation but again you have to disprove it.

4 This isn't defamtion. It isn't even about you.

5 That isn't defamation

6 That isn't defamation

7 That could be a defamation

8 That isn't about you.

9 That isn't defamation.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
If I can prove that statement 3 is not true. What would be the next step?

Then you see a defamation specilialist and he writes to him under the protocol.

This will cost about £10 k to fund though if he contests it.

Although a letter might be enough to deter it.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
The evidence I have is a recording of the child being questioned about the allegations by her mother. Will that stand as sufficient evidence?

Well, it doesn't disprove anything but it is obviously helpful.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Why wouldn't it disprove anything?

well, because it doesn't.

Firstly, its primed.

Secondly, its probably inadmissible

Thirdly, its unreliable because sometimes kids and adults in fact say what they think people want to hear. Also, with abuse they are not necessarily ready to make disclosures.

So if the child changed her tune, this would be completely ignored

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
what about a recording of police and social services questioning the child?

Doesn't really change the points above but its a claim you could bring if you have the funds.