SASH_Law
SASH_Law, Lawyer
Experience:  LLB (Hons)
96947008

For SASH-LAW ONLY, Can you help me I want to claim Child

For SASH-LAW ONLY
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Can you help me I want to claim Child Support of my ex Husband and I would like to know if his partner earnings come into account
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Talked to him no joy Mediation still no joy.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no thank you

Hi, I’m Lea and I will be assisting you with your query today.

I am very sorry to hear about your dilemma, but will do my best to provide you with advice and guidance on what to do next. I am just reviewing your query.

The following is useful info to assist you with the site:

1. I have found that every question asked in my field of expertise can be answered online; I am not available for phone calls.
  2. The site does automated pop ups for calls, if you inadvertently click for a phone call but don’t want one, kindly refer the matter directly to customer services so that they can assist you.
  3. Customer services no. is:(###) ###-####9374
  4. Please note that you have paid for an answer to your initial query – if detailed review of documents is required, then this is likely to attract a premium service offer.
  5. Please note this is a Q&A site – there is no client/lawyer relationship involved. You are a customer of Just Answer.
  6. If it is a weekend, or evening/late, please be aware that responses may be slower. This is NOT a chat service, it is email based.

The income from a live in partner is not taken into consideration when calculating child maintenance, it is the absent parent's income that is assessed. If there are other children living in the absent parent's household, then those children may be considered in the calculation (i.e. reducing liability).

There are several calculations the CMS carry out when assessing the payment a parent should make. They have a useful leaflet which tells you more, which you can find here: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/672432/how-we-work-out-child-maintenance.pdf

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
all sorted thanks

You're welcome.