12826847

Recently, I was involved in an accident and have recieved a

Recently, I was involved in an accident and have recieved a courtesy car from my insurance company. I am not aware that the courtesy car needs to be registered for exemption hence i have received penalty charge notices from the council. i have recieved rejection letter from them. I need
JA: What state was the citation in? And have you consulted a local attorney?
Customer: Recently, I was involved in a road accident and received a courtesy car from my insurance company while my car was going for repair work. I am not aware that the courtesy car needs to be registered with the council's database to be exempt from receiving the penalty notices using the road where the restriction has been implemented recently. I need to use that route every day to drop my daughter to school and this is the only route I must take because of morning rush hour. As council failed to inform the residents with appropriate information what action to be taken in a different circumstance. As I used that courtesy car on that restricted area hence, I have received 15 penalty charge notices (PCN) within of 7 days. But my own car is exempt due to the information holding in council database. After receiving the penalty charge notices (PCN) I sent my representation with the reasons clearly stated in my letter, but council rejected and now I am going through the appeal process against council decision. Hence, I need an expert solicitor to help me to do the appeal. The appeal need to be lodge within 28 days of the rejection letter been received (letter written by the council on the 14/04/21 which I have received on 17/04/21).
JA: Do you need to appear in court?
Customer: No, there is a 'Notice of Appeal' paperwork which need to be completed and sent to Environment and Traffic Adjudicator giving the reasons within the framework of traffic rules to convince the adjudicator that it is not due to breaking the traffic rules, but it is a genuine mistake due to the improper information provided by the council for the new restricted area.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I have already informed my local MP and he has written to the council and engaged a caseworker on this matter who is also working on this, but we need to follow the rule to its entirety. Though, everyone involved in my case agreed in principal that it is a genuine mistake in my part and the council should cancel all the PCNs issued against my name.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

What can I do for you?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Recently, I was involved in a road accident and received a courtesy car from my insurance company while my car was going for repair work. I am not aware that the courtesy car needs to be registered with the council's database to be exempt from receiving the penalty notices using the road where the restriction has been implemented recently. I need to use that route every day to drop my daughter to school and this is the only route I must take because of morning rush hour. As council failed to inform the residents with appropriate information what action to be taken in a different circumstance. As I used that courtesy car on that restricted area hence, I have received 15 penalty charge notices (PCN) within of 7 days. But my own car is exempt due to the information holding in council database. After receiving the penalty charge notices (PCN) I sent my representation with the reasons clearly stated in my letter, but council rejected and now I am going through the appeal process against council decision. Hence, I need an expert solicitor to help me to do the appeal. The appeal need to be lodge within 28 days of the rejection letter been received (letter written by the council on the 14/04/21 which I have received on 17/04/21).

Do we have the right number for you?

Its not connecting.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
UK

Good to talk to you.

No problem.

All the best.

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

https://www.trafficpenaltytribunal.gov.uk/parking-england-grounds-of-appeal/