james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

How do I go divorcing my ex wife to be, but do not where she

How do I go divorcing my ex wife to be, but do not where she lives
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: No
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: I live in Tonbridge Kent, my problem is trying to locate her so I can serve her divorce papers the last address she gave was Habitat Maidstone, I do not feel comfortable sending papers there.. For all I know she might not work there anymore
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I have been separated from Judith for 15 years

Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.
It can indeed be difficult to serve papers if you do not know where a person lives.

For service of divorce papers, you can run an advertisement in the newspaper where you and your spouse used to live and/or where relatives live.

Make sure to document that you have done this

For this to be considered by the court, you need to demonstrate that every attempt possible has been made to serve the legal papers to the person.

You could also you on social media or instruct a private detective firm to carry out a search for the person.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I do not wish to do a advertisement in the paper as we live in different towns, what would like is to locate her so I can then my divorce

Sorry call offers are auto generated from the site, not from me. I am currently unavailable for calls, but more than happy to continue here.

Then if you do not what to take that step, that would leave social media search, online search or the use of a private investigator to find her.

The burden is on you to show the court that you have taken all steps possible to locate the other party. An add in a paper is such a standard step, it only need be a small add in the private adds section, we ate not talking of a full page with photo add.

It can be on the lines of “ does anybody know of the whereabouts of …………., please contact then either a number or possible post box address .

Hello, I am just following up on your enquiry to see if I can assist further. Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. I am pleased I was able to be of assistance. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.