Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

For accountant I am on Universal Credit, self - employed. I

For accountantI am on Universal Credit, self - employed. I have received bulk payment for a few months of work of £7000 it is one off payment. Would my Universal Credit will be stopped?

Hi thank you for your message, please note that I will look to provide an accurate but nevertheless speedy reply to your inquiry. That said, whilst I endeavour to provide a fast response, responses may not be immediate as this is a question and answer service not an instant chat service.

How many months work does this represent?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
It is two months of work + SEISS grand

I understand. I am sorry to hear about your situation. In terms of UC, for every £1 you earn, your UC payment reduces by 63p. You can read more here: https://www.gov.uk/universal-credit/how-your-earnings-affect-your-payments

I trust this assists you in understanding your position however, should you have any supplementary inquiries, do not hesitate to ask and I will look to clarify or expand on my previous response.

I thank you for visiting the website and for the opportunity to assist you with your inquiry. If you have further questions, inquiries or queries let me know post haste and I will attempt to answer them. Otherwise I bid you a good day

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I have read those on Universal Credit website but I don’t understand if it is monthly or the amount declared in one months will be carried forward following months?

It will be based on the month you receive the payment so it is likely your UC will be temporarily halted and then go back again if you do not have income. I trust this assists you in understanding your position however, should you have any supplementary inquiries, do not hesitate to ask and I will look to clarify or expand on my previous response.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Thank you Jeremy, I understand Best wishes

I am glad to help, take care.