UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

I want to know if I qualify for the help to buy scheme,

JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: I want to know if I qualify for the help to buy scheme
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: United Kingdom
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: Nothing, asking you
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I do not own any home, however I recently entered a subscription back in my own Country (I am an immigrant). This subscription is to purchase a home. In the contract, I have to pay some amount of money monthly and would not be registered as the owner of the home until I have completed this payment. I have been paying this subscription for about 6 months now.
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
The following are contents of the contract:
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Contract LetterThe management of RealVest Global Technologies Limited wishes to thank you for your patronage of a 2Bedroom Apartment Apartment in our property at Ibeju-lekki Phase 1 Ext., Lagos State.We hereby acknowledge your payment of the sum of ₦125,000 ( One Hundred Twenty Five ThousandNaira). This represents initial deposit for the 2 Bedroom Apartment Apartment (for residential use),measuring 150sqm, which also serves as your initial instalment for the month of September 2020. Thetotal Purchase cost for the Apartment is ₦10,500,000 (Ten Million Five Hundred Thousand Naira, Only).Sequel to the above, you're expected to continue the payment of your monthly instalment of ₦125,000 forthe remaining 83 months. However, you can pay for multiple months and complete payment beforeexpected duration.Kindly note that your failure to make payment for 3 months cumulatively attracts a default charge of 20%of expected monthly payment as stipulated in the Terms & Conditions.We wish to congratulate you for this giant stride.*PLEASE NOTE that documentation for you property will be processed at the completion of yoursubscription. It covers Deed of Assignment & Registered Survey Plan.Please accept our congratulations.
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
File attached (G1Z733S)
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
File attached (P1L2T3T)
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Those are screenshots of the terms and agreement. I want to know if I qualify as a first time buyer because at it stands, I still have no property in my name. Thanks

I am a solicitor.

Yes, you would qualify as a first time buyer as you do not yet own a property abroad, you are simply paying towards a home abroad which you may or may not own in the future.

May I help further?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Thank you very much. No other question for now.

You are welcome. Please take a second to leave positive feedback for my help. Thank you