12826847

I am enquiring about giving evidence in a trial if I am

I am enquiring about giving evidence in a trial if I am moving to work abroad for several months
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: London
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: There has been a plea hearing but I have not yet found out what happened on the day I tried to attend court but was told i wasnt allowed
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Not that I think of

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

Is this a criminal trial?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
it is

Are you trying to retract?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
No I dont want to retract it but if I workes abroad for several months and the trail went ahead could I give evidence from abroad
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I cant seem to find any information through 101 or victim support I feel lost with the choice to take the promotion abroad

Thanks for the information

In principle you can give evidence from abroad. You just need to tell the OIC what your movements are . The reality is though that it does make things very difficult and it does reduce the credibility of a witness because of the loss of immediacy. It is much better to give evidence in person. It also depends upon the gravity of the case because they will not arrange a live link from abroad bearing all of the cost but it causes unless this is a fairly serious case

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.