How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ReadyLaw Your Own Question
ReadyLaw, Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2586
Experience:  Bar Professional Training Course
Type Your Law Question Here...
ReadyLaw is online now

I bought a claim against my sister & now she is using the

This answer was rated:

I bought a claim against my sister & now she is using the fact I made a complaint her to social services putting in her defense false claim (things I said which are untrue & slanderous things (what can I do & defend myself as I have to send a 180 form & wait for a questionnaire form court (how can I ask or on my behalf get evidence from social services!
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: In Woodford!
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I need help to respond the claim (I needed to wait 30days for my sister to make her defense) 23pages & I made a mistake when sending the claim form!
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Yes claim form I need help is notice of issue & I did ask for help prior to this (I am going to mediation only if she retracts!

Hi, welcome to JA, I am Readylaw one of legal experts here. My goal is to provide you with the best experience possible and answer any questions which you may have about your current situation. I may not respond immediately, this is because I may need a few minutes to read what you shared above, type and respond to you. Feel free to ask any follow up questions as needed until you are satisfied.

Thanks for your patience and enquiry.

You really cannot restrict what she wants to claim or put forward as her defence. It really is a matter for her. If however she has raised this and it has no relevance to the proceeding before the court you may raise it as being irrelevant at the trial of the matter. You may reply to the defence simply stating that it is not true and put her to prove these allegations.

The fact that she has raised this as an issue should not prevent you going to mediation. You should attend mediation and as part of the process ask for it to be retracted or ask for an apology.

Can I clarify anything for you? I hope I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Can I send you the notice of issue a copy (as I don't know what part to send & was told(court fee claimed on request for judgement does not match court record , I don't understand? Thank you!

I am happy to have a look at the claim and the relevant documents. This however is done via our premium service at an additional cost. Kindly let me know whether you would like for me to send you an offer

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Sorry how do I send attachment!
Customer: replied 9 days ago.

I have sent you the relevant offer. If you accept I will be able to assist further.

I must however step away from the system now.

If there are any further questions I will respond when next I am online. If there are no further questions, Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again. Have a great day.

ReadyLaw and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
thank you (I will look at the offer & rate you)
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Hi when I first spoke to you about the claim (I wanted to know about the directional questionnaire & the correct address & if I can send my defense after my sister wrote more than 20 pages of false claims aswell as character assassination.
Thank you
(By the way didn't have to send other form)


As I have answered your initial query previously I ask kindly that you raise a new enquiry for my attention. You may request for it to be forwarded to Readylaw. In which case the question will come directly to me.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Hi yes you have answered my initial question, can I ask for you again ? For you to answer the question I asked !Thank you please can you give me your name again!

You are speaking with Readylaw

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Is it the solicitor I previously spoke to as I dont want to send the question again!