12826847

How can I check for the issue of a warrant, no charges that

How can I check for the issue of a warrant
JA: Have any charges been filed? If so, when is the next court date?
Customer: no charges that I am aware of and no court dates
JA: Where did this occur?
Customer: england
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: thats all

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Great

You have a solicitor I presume?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
No solicitor

Is there a charge against you?

What for ?

What has happened?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
No charges have been bought to my attention yet.I’ve had a closure of a bank account. The bank claimed it was to protect themselves. Though there are two outstanding loans however.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
To be honest it’s not a criminal matter, though due to the banks actions I am not sure if they are treating it as a criminal matter.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Are charges normally filed before a warrant is issued? Is it possible a warrant to be issued in secret if these matters are going to be investigated?

It is but that won't have happened here. They don't just issue warrants in these circumstances. If the police want to speak to you then will just invite you in for interview. It is far less labour intensive for them to do that than to issue warrants.

Also, there is case law that says they shouldn't be arresting people if they are cooperating.

This is nothing to worry about. it won't be happening.

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
One final thing. I’ve been abroad for the past few months, for work, whilst this has happened. I do intend to return soon hence why I was asking as I didn’t want any nasty surprises on my return. Could this be seen as non-cooperating as I have been abroad?

It could but I doubt it.

Do you know the bank have reported it?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
It’s going to my home address. But I’ve had no notification of it being reported at all, even though I have had a few other correspondence from the bank.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
My family have been scanning the mail to let me know.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
But no indication of it being reported

You could get a solicitor to check for you.

But what are the bank saying?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
How can I do that? And how much would that cost roughly?The bank hasn’t said much. Repayments start next month, they sent reminders. They closed the account and claimed they notice. Though the only notice sent was dated a month after the closure.One of the accounts was a business account as a sole trader they said that shouldn’t have been opened (something along those lines) but they said they will look at that internally. I hadn’t made any dishonest statements or anything in relation to that account.

I gave you my number.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Sorry, where can I find it?
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I’ve got it. As I’m abroad could we make this a zoom call maybe?

Whatsapp?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Sure, I’ll ring in about 15 mins is that ok?

perfect