How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lawry Your Own Question
Lawry, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 195
Experience:  Expert
Type Your Law Question Here...
Lawry is online now

I need a witness for my land registry form ID1 along with a

This answer was rated:

I need a witness for my land registry form ID1 along with a passport photographs. I need to know if I need a solicitor to do this and if so, how much are they going to charge me. JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork? Customer: I have sent my AP1 form along with the deed poll to show my new name. Sorry I should have stated that I need to change my name on the land registry. JA: Where is the land located? Customer: In ***r JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you. Customer: I don’t think so


My name is ***** ***** I will try and help you today.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I have sent my deed poll and AP1 form to land registry to change my name on the title. They also need a ID1 form with a witness to sign it and two passport style photographs. I need to know how I can get witness signatures.

To verify identity for form ID1 you need a conveyancer who is ether a solicitor or licenced conveyance r authorised under the the Legal Services Act 2007.

Temporarily, due to the coronavirus the Land Registry also accepts verification by people of certain professions i.e. doctors.dentists, chartered accountants, police officer, magistrate, vet, bank official or regulated financial adviser, MP, teacher, college or university teaching staff, senior grade civil servant or an officer in the UK army.

A solicitor may well charge for the service and you would need to ask them how much as fees vary.

Try calling the Law Society on 0207(###) ###-####and they can provide advice on this.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Thank you. That is helpful.

My pleasure.

Thank you for using the service today.

Lawry and other Law Specialists are ready to help you