31090051

I have a website domain a book and a teacher training course

I have a website domain a book and a teacher training course with certificates all in the name of Developmental Baby Massage Does this give me copyright?
JA: Do you have a registration record?
Customer: Do these not count as registration records
JA: Have you talked to a local attorney? Has anything been filed in court?
Customer: no
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no

Thanks for your question. I am a copyright and intellectual property solicitor in the UK with 35 years of experience in private practice and I hope that I can help you with your question today. Let me just read your question and I will either give you an initial answer or ask you for further information. I aim to respond to you as quickly as I can but sometimes I may want to take a little time to consider your question so as to give you the best answer I can.

Copyright relates to a “work” by an author, artist etc. Your website design is subject to copyright. Your website content and your written material such as the book and training course are also subject to copyright. As the author you automatically own the copyright in these works. The titles and domain name are not subject to copyright. In some cases you might be able to apply for a trademark for these as long as they are non descriptive of the goods or services being provided.

I hope this helped you today. Please do let me know if I can clarify anything. I am always happy to help. You are always welcome to ask a follow up question if it will help you further.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Thank you Developmental Baby Massage is what I teach and practice with children especially those with delay does this not give me copyright

Copyright applies to works, but not to titles or domain names. A title is not a “work”. So whilst your content is subject to copyright domain names and titles are not. They may be trademarked but not where they are descriptive of the service. Developmental Baby Massage describes the product or service and would not be acceptable as a trademark.