RJM Law
RJM Law, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons)
106205234

Examples of activity where courts have permitted recovery

examples of activity where courts have permitted recovery for pure economic loss in the uk

Welcome and thank you for choosing our service, I will be the expert assisting you with this matter today.   I appreciate this matter is important to you and I shall try to resolve it as precisely and quickly as possible for you today.

Please note; there may be delays between messages as the experts on this website all work on a third party basis and are not online full time however, I shall endeavour to respond to your question as soon as possible.  I look forward to assisting you in this matter.

Thank you for the question.  In the UK legal system, when a person is successful in their claim, it is the courts aim to put them into the position they would have been in had any such wrongdoing not taken place.  Therefore if a claimant wins their claim and can show the respondent has singlehandedly caused an extent of financial loss the court would grant this back to the claimant in the matter.  Obviously in reality there will be arguments agains the full amount whether that is mixed liability or wrong quantification of a claim.  However if it can be shown by way of evidence the respondent has caused the full economic loss with out any successful defence the court would be likely to award the full financial losses of the claimant by the respondent.

I shall provide you with a helpful link that will assist you in finding a solicitor/representative near your local area.  This will provide you with someone nearby your area who can assist you if required.

I hope this information proved helpful.  You will find a local solicitor who deals with these matters on the law society webpage which is as follows;

https://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk/ (England)

https://www.lawscot.org.uk/find-a-solicitor/ (Scotland)

https://www.lawsociety.ie/Find-a-Solicitor/Solicitor-Firm-Search/ (Ireland)

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Should you require any further assistance on this matter, please do not hesitate to post a further questions for additional assistance.

Kindest Regards.