RJM Law
RJM Law, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons)
106205234

My daughter's school has banned me from 2 years ago

My daughter's school has banned me from 2 years ago following an incident that happened outside of school hours. I didn't know about the ban until recently. No warnings were given, no protocols were followed. I didn't have a chance to explain my side. Since the incident had happened, the school has discriminated against me and my daughter and they have been ruining my name amongst them. Is there anything that I can do?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Ilford Essex
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have sent some emails. Complained but no one is responding to them
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Not at the moment

Welcome and thank you for choosing our service, I will be the expert assisting you with this matter today.   I appreciate this matter is important to you and I shall try to resolve it as precisely and quickly as possible for you today.

Please note; there may be delays between messages as the experts on this website all work on a third party basis and are not online full time however, I shall endeavour to respond to your question as soon as possible.  I look forward to assisting you in this matter.

Thank you for the information.  When you discuss discrimination on. legal basis there is a very strict  criteria, to be clear a person is only discriminated against (by law) if it is in reference to a protected characteristic such as gender, sexuality, religion etc.  However, prior to any legal action you will require to follow a process.  The first thing to do is raise an official complaint to the school.  Once you have done this, if you exhaust the process with no resolution you would have to escalate the matter to the Department for Education and use their process.  They will look it on an objective view point.  If you still do not obtain a resolution then you could speak to a solicitor at that point and see if there has been an unlawful action.  Both investigations will provide you with a multitude of evidence to potentially support your claims.

I shall provide you with a helpful link that will assist you in finding a solicitor/representative near your local area.  This will provide you with someone nearby your area who can assist you if required.

I hope this information proved helpful.  You will find a local solicitor who deals with these matters on the law society webpage which is as follows;

https://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk/ (England)

https://www.lawscot.org.uk/find-a-solicitor/ (Scotland)

https://www.lawsociety.ie/Find-a-Solicitor/Solicitor-Firm-Search/ (Ireland)

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Should you require any further assistance on this matter, please do not hesitate to post a further questions for additional assistance.

Kindest Regards.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Okay thank you. I wait to hear from you.