How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RJM Law Your Own Question
RJM Law, Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 3046
Experience:  LL.B (Hons)
Type Your Law Question Here...
RJM Law is online now

I had crashed a van and my boss claim against me to pay for

This answer was rated:

Hello , I had crashed a van and my boss claim against me to pay for the damages
JA: Have you discussed this with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: no
JA: What is your employment status? Are you an employee, freelancer, consultant or contractor? Do you belong to a union?
Customer: I am a driver
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Is about the job or about the accident
Customer: replied 11 days ago.

Welcome and thank you for choosing our service, I will be the expert assisting you with this matter today.   I appreciate this matter is important to you and I shall try to resolve it as precisely and quickly as possible for you today.

Please note; there may be delays between messages as the experts on this website all work on a third party basis and are not online full time however, I shall endeavour to respond to your question as soon as possible.  I look forward to assisting you in this matter.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Ok then , do you want me to explain more how it's happened!! And how my boss threatened me

Thank you for the question.  The first thing you require to do is check your agreement with your employer by way of your employment contract.  As you are employed as a driver then I would be shocked if there was not a provision in your contract in relation to accidents on company vehicles.  The employment contract should provide the answer to this matter.  There will likely be clauses in there which stipulate if or when a driver would be required to pay for damages such as who is liable for the accident, whether there were any beaches of the insurance terms etc.  If you do not have a contract then you may wish to look at instructing a solicitor to defend the matter as it would then come down to the individual circumstances.  However the very first step will be to find out what is stated in the contact of employment.

I shall provide you with a helpful link that will assist you in finding a solicitor/representative near your local area.  This will provide you with someone nearby your area who can assist you if required.

I hope this information proved helpful.  You will find a local solicitor who deals with these matters on the law society webpage which is as follows; (England) (Scotland) (Ireland)

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Should you require any further assistance on this matter, please do not hesitate to post a further questions for additional assistance.

Kindest Regards.

RJM Law and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I don't want a phone call ,
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I don't want a phone call
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I am want to cancel it

If you contact the website support they will be able to refund your money this is not something the experts are able to do I am afraid.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I don't have any contract with them and he hold my 2 weeks deposit and wants me to pay for all the expenses

If there is no contact your employer is already in breach of the Employment Rights Act.  I would look at the grievance process prior to legal action.

What you require to do is initiate the workplace grievance process. You will want to present all your evidence and points you wish to make at the grievance interview. If you get a response from them that they don't agree with you they will have to tell you why. You will have to appeal this outcome and can then explain why you don't agree with their findings. If you then still do not obtain the resolution you want, but feel it is wrong. At that point you will have to raise early conciliation with Acas. You can do so here; The conciliators at Acas will contact your employer and indicate to them that you have started the conciliation process. Acas will mediate the issue and see if they can help resolve the matter. If they cannot resolve the matter then they will close conciliation and issue you with a EC Certificate. This is the first step in the legal process and once the EC Certificate has been issued you can make an application to the employment tribunal if you wish to do so. Please be advised that there is a very strict time to make an application to the Employment Tribunal which is 3 month minus one day from the date the issue arose. Do also note that this time limit gets put on "pause" while you are going through the Early Conciliation process.

I hope this information has helped.  You can find a local solicitor who deals with this on the law society webpage which is;

If you require any help moving forward on this matter in the  future,  please do feel free to come back to us and I would be more than happy to assist.

Kindest Regards.