RJM Law
RJM Law, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons)
106205234

Can you explain the problems that arise when awarding

can you explain the problems that arise when awarding compensation by means of a lump sum of money please

Welcome and thank you for choosing our service, I will be the expert assisting you with this matter today.   I appreciate this matter is important to you and I shall try to resolve it as precisely and quickly as possible for you today.

Please note; there may be delays between messages as the experts on this website all work on a third party basis and are not online full time however, I shall endeavour to respond to your question as soon as possible.  I look forward to assisting you in this matter.

Could you please provide a little further information about what you mean.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
in court when a judge awards compensation

When a court awards compensation it is required to be paid by the respondent.  However if the respondent can show they do not have the means to pay the court may order a payment plan or the respondents can ask for "time to pay" which could be considered by the judge.  In addition to this, if the respondent refuses to pay you may have to go back to court to enforce the payment if there respondent is not forthcoming with the funds.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
thank you for your answer this was really helpful
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
i also have another question if you’re available to answer ?
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
With reference to relevant case law, can you explain to what extent the concept of ‘assumption of responsibility’ has sufficient clarity as a basis for determining whether an actionable duty of care exists for the purposes of recovering economic loss please

If it is an additional question you can repost and attach more my attention.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
i’ve attached it to this conversation above. would that be ok?

I am afraid that would take some research and therefor you would want to instruct someone if you require that level of detail.