Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
29905560

My husband works abroad and travels internationally every

Hello, my husband works abroad and travels internationally every other month. Can I travel with him during the lockdown?
JA: Where is your husband? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: He is travelling to Iraq tomorrow.
JA: What steps has your husband taken so far?
Customer: He has just his work contract and for now he is travelling by himself. I wonder if I can join him later if lockdown isn't lifted.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: we decided to be based in Dubai and I have my flight booked for the 21st of may but now I am not sure I will be able to get there.

Hello, I’m Ben. It’s my pleasure to assist you today. I may also ask for some preliminary information to help me determine the legal position.

What will be the actual purpose of your travel? Please note this is not always an instant service and I may not be able to reply immediately. However, rest assured that I am dealing with your question and will get back to you today. Thanks

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Hello, the purpose if my travel to be together with my husband.

Thank you very much for clarifying. To be able to leave the UK, you must have a reasonable excuse to do so. You can find the list of officially recognised reasons here:

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-declaration-form-for-international-travel#permitted-reasons-for-international-travel

Unfortunately, accompanying your husband on his travels, even if he has legitimate reasons to travel, does not amount to a reasonable excuse for you and you will not be permitted to travel. Have a careful read of the reasons listed to see if there are any other ones which you may try and use, with appropriate evidence.

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.