ReadyLaw
ReadyLaw, Lawyer
Experience:  Bar Professional Training Course
104128041

I am looking to see how i can go about a few issues,

I am looking to see how i can go about a few issues
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: England, Stoke-on-Trent
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: None this is to do with trying to get a new Colombian Passport as i lost an old baby one, i was born there from birth but adopted to UK an have lived in N.Ireland since June 1995 before moving to England
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I also was looking for advice on a property purchase in Colombia but sent emails to the estate agents ( but of course with everything being in Spanish) i am getting no reply atm

Hi, welcome to JA, I am Readylaw one of legal experts here. My goal is to provide you with the best experience possible and answer any questions which you may have about your current situation. I may not respond immediately, this is because I may need a few minutes to read what you shared above, type and respond to you. Feel free to ask any follow up questions as needed until you are satisfied.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I prefer chatting on this ?
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I am looking to see how i can go about a few issues as this is to do with trying to get a new Colombian Passport as i lost an old baby one, i was born there from birth but adopted to UK an have lived in N.Ireland since June 1995 before moving to England, I also was looking for advice on a property purchase in Colombia but sent emails to the estate agents ( but of course with everything being in Spanish) i am getting no reply at the moment

Thanks for your patience and enquiry.

It is fine that you would prefer an online answer here. You may have received an automated prompt regarding a call. I am also unavailable at this time for a call.

With respect to your passport you should be able to apply for a replacement via the Colombian embassy in the UK. Here are their details. You may use translate to have the page translated in Enlgish;

https://londres.consulado.gov.co/

The consulate should be able to assist with making an application for the passport.

With respect to the property purchase, I am unable to say why you have not heard from the estate agent. I cannot comment on this as I would simply be speculating as to the reason for the non response. It is perhaps best to speak to a lawyer who is local there to do a chase for you.

Can I clarify anything for you? I hope I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Well i was hoping to be able to get a lawyer or someone who can communicate with colombia and can speak spanish to be able to translate. I am unsure however if legal aid covers fees or what exactly legal aid does cover ?

This is not a matter that is covered by legal aid. This is something you would have to cover via your own personal expense.

Also, the purpose of the site is for me to give you guidance as to the best recourse, remember I am not personally instructed by you and as such would not be able to communicate with a third party on your behalf.

You will find though that speaking to the consulate's office is very easy and you most likely will be able to find a solution to your concern.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Okay i understand, thank you