SolicitorRM
SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
103094402

I have filed a small claims court matter against Ebay and

Hi, i have filed a small claims court matter against Ebay and the buyer as a second defendant. I listed a greenhouse for sale on a no returns basis. The buyer then did not collect it and escalated the matter to Ebay, who then refunded the buyer without my consent (against their own terms and conditions which clearly state that if I have stated no returns or refunds, I am not obliged to offer a refund). The second problem is that Ebay debited my business bank account and for the refund to the buyer. My Ebay account is an individual account, not a business account. Ebay have since invoiced me for the final valuation fee on the sale of the greenhouse. They are defending the claim and have representation and have sent me pages and pages of legal jargon outlining their defence. I actually think i should have also included my business as the Claimant (am I allowed 2 claimants?). Can you help please - I have to respond to the courts by the 10th May 2020.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I am in Greater London
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have filed with the SCC, both defendants have responded and defended the claim. I then replied with all my documentation and Ebay have now sent me a huge sheaf of papers with legal jargo outlining their defence Jargon*
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I don't think so, i am just very annoyed by this whole thing

Good evening, welcome to just answer. I am a solicitor and reviewing your question now for you.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.

Hi I have just received your call request, are you happy for me to call now? Any if you have also noted the fixed cost for the call,

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
sorry I have been waiting for your call

All I see is this Hi, i have filed a small claims court matter against Ebay - so I am not even able to type a response to guide you, however I am free now to take your call so let me know if I can call and you can cover everything on the phone.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Please call
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Still waiting for the call

Thank you for taking the call and as discussed you will need to do two Replies to Defence (Reply to 1st Defendant Defence and Reply to 2nd Defendant Defence). You repeat you claim and you emphasise that you were a private seller therefore not bound by the CRa 2015 or the 2013 Regulations. The chargeback does not apply and even if for argument's sake it did the money should have been sought from you not from a business which is a separate legal personality. Do not forget to end your Replies with the correct statement of truth. Dowload CPR and Practice Directions 3 and 16 too. Any further assistance please do not hesitate to send me your follow up questions, All  the best