ChrisB4147
ChrisB4147,
Experience:  Expert
112350272

I live in a shared house of 7 bedrooms and 3 toilets, there

I live in a shared house of 7 bedrooms and 3 toilets, there is dispute with a tenant regarding using specific toilet
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: slough UK
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: i only reported to landlord
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: what do i do pls ?
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Hi, thanks for the question.  I’m Chris and I’m a Solicitor. I will be happy to assist you and hope to provide a full response as quickly as possible.

This is a question and answer service rather than an instant chat service, and I may not be able to reply immediately. However, rest assured that I am dealing with your question and will get back to you as soon as I can.

I’m sorry to hear about the situation you find yourself in. I see that you would like a phone call. I can arrange this for the morning, otherwise we can continue on this forum. Please let me know what you would prefer. Many thanks.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
3rd March 2021 at about 10.15hrs, the toilet closest to me (I live upstairs one toilet upstairs, 2 toilet downstairs) is occupied,
I went to use the toilet downstairs, when I exited the toilet I was confronted by a male older man from Greece also a tenant Joseph is his name, he said "Samuel what's wrong with the toilet upstairs that you came to use the toilet downstairs", I replied "why will you ask me such a question in a shared facility house ?" he became rude he said "I need to know because you should use the toilet upstairs and I clean the toilet down here", I replied that "I also clean it, I bought cleaning mop and buckets that the house is using", he became very rude and aggressive and confrontational, he said "I am the nuts(referring to crazy and dump person) person in this house", he further kept on arguing with me.
Sir, in the tenancy agreement, it says the house facility is shared, but he is discriminating and bullying me to not use any other toilet in the house except the toilet upstairs.
In other for me not to do anything against the law because I am a law-abiding citizen

I’m sorry to read this altercation you faced. Clearly not nice. You’re right to say that it is a shared house and you have the right to use any bathroom. Have you spoken to the landlord about this?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
i spoke to the landlord who said he will call him and talk to him, i havent hear back from landlord and scared the man might plan an attack on me, i am a Black African
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
What should i do pls ? i remain calm, but if i need to use the same toilet downstairs again, am not sure what might happen, how do i go from here sir ?

It must be difficult. I would contact the landlord again tomorrow morning to check.  If there are any more incidents I would make a complaint to the police. Hopefully that will not be necessary.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
can you as a solicitor act on my behalf for a day letter to landlord explaining my right and that you want him(landlord) to paste a letter in the house that any tenant can use any bathroom and that anyone confronting another tenant for using a bathroom will be prosecuted.

Unfortunately we don’t offer that service, we are simply  question and answer service. I think the idea of a letter posted up in the house would be beneficial and hopefully your landlord will agree to that.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
ok, have you dealt with this type of issue before sir ?, what will probably happen next ? him confronting me if i use the bathroom downstairs ? will he attack me ?
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
sorry for my question, i have been living a private flat for long, due to covid lock down, i moved to shared house.

Don’t apologise, it’s a difficult position to be in. Unfortunately I can’t say what this person may or may not do as I don’t know his character.  I would press ahead with contacting the landlord and remember that the police should be contacted if there are any incidents. I’m sorry I couldn’t give you a magic answer.

I hope that I’ve answered your question sufficiently? If there are any other questions please let me know. If there aren’t, thank you for using JustAnswer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. All the best and hope the matter gets resolved

Customer: replied 9 days ago.

No problem.

Customer: replied 2 day ago.
Hello Chris, further to this question i ask helped for previously, the guy i spoke about is now creating an environment that i feel threatened in the house, i bought a body worn video for use now, is that ok to protect myself and have evidence of his action and conduct around me.

I think it has now got to the point where you need to seek police assistance.

Customer: replied 2 day ago.
The last time i called 101 police number, the police replied that he hasnt touched me or push me, that if that happens i should call 999 but this is a case in which i am feeling threatened in the house i rent and legally should enjoy.
Customer: replied 2 day ago.
do i report this to 999 or 101

101.

Customer: replied 1 day ago.
ok sir, thank you. also can i use my body worn video

That is a decision for you if you can justify it

Customer: replied 1 day ago.
ok, thank you

No problem.