james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

Not a legal question but wondering if a job position

Not a legal question but wondering if a job position requiring someone to drive would accept a learner about to take the test?
JA: Was this discussed with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: Manager
JA: Does the workplace operate with employees, freelancers, consultants, contractors or with unionised employees?
Customer: employees
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: It's a homecare role and I have an interview with them tomorrow - not sure what I should say if they ask me if I can drive - I have a drving test in two months

Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.

You would need to advice them that you are currently only a learner drive, as such you would not be able to drive by yourself.  Sorry to say, that if they need someone with a full licence then not having one would be acceptable grounds to not consider you for the position.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Thank you for the help James. I thought was since the job doesnt start until september and my test is a few months before, there may be a possbility they would still consider me? Let me know your thoughts.

You could try that, but if they ask to see your licence to take a copy in advance then youmcould come unstuck.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Yeah that’s a good point I’ll keep it mind - thank you for your time I appreciate it

Good luck.

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. I am pleased I was able to be of assistance. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.