12826847

I have received a Notice of Seizure of Controlled Drugs from

I have received a Notice of Seizure of Controlled Drugs from Border Force dated 28th March for 55g of magic mushrooms (containing Psilocin) that I ordered from Holland.
It says I can attempt a claim to avoid forfeiture within 28days.
I noticed both HMRC and Metropolitan Pilice have searched me on LinkedIn in the last 7 days.
I’m terrified about the police turning up at my door and arresting me. Is this likely to happen? What should I say if they do? Will I be stopped at Customs when I travel?

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

what would you like to know about this matter please?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Hi Jo. I would like to know what will happen now? Am I going to get visited by the Police and arrested?
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Hi Jo. I would like to know what will happen now? Am I going to get visited by the Police and arrested? What should I say if they do turn up?

I presume you are happy to let them seize them?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I just dont want to get into trouble

Thanksfor the information

Obviouslythere is a risk of a police investigation. Nobody can stamp that out completely.

It is a fairlylow risk. Usually they don’t reportsmall amounts unless seizure is contested.

But nobodycan guarantee that what normally happens will be what happens here.

They dohave to prove that you were the purchaser as opposed to it being sent to youwithout knowledge. They might well beable to do that but it is a hurdle to reach. Obviously you cant lie but you can say nothing.

Can Iclarify anything for you?

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a waythat is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will bemore than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once againfor using our services.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Thanks Jo. I was just a bit concerned that both HMRC and Metropolitan Police had searched me on LinkedIn in the last week. Is this standard practice if they are taking further action?
If they do turn up, would saying “No Comment” be a way to say Nothing?

No, no. They won't be doing anything like that.

They would just leave a note at your address to make contact.

If they do turn up just make sure you have a solicitor and follow their advice.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
OK thanks for your advice Jo. If the Police turn up at my door, I read online that you can legitimately refuse entry unless they have a warrant and it is best not to even answer the door. Is that right in this case?

No.

Don't read stuff online.

They have wide powers under PACE.

They can't force entry under the Misuse of Drugs Act but they can under many other statutes.

Not that i would expect a house search here anyway.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
i thought it best to check! So can I just confirm your advice before we finish, I don't need to take any action at the moment. Risk of police investigation for this quantity is fairly low, and would probably be via a note through the door rather than a visit. If the Police do turn up at my door, say nothing and seek advice from a solicitor. Have I understood you correctly? Thanks once again.

Thats right.