UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

I purchased an electric bike 10 days ago for 3100 pounds. It

Hello I purchased an electric bike 10 days ago for 3100 pounds. It has not been used but is not what i was expecting too heavy and too big. I would like a refund but the shop says no. What i my rights Regards Chrissie
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Hi I am in plymouth pl13qw
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I spoke to the owner over the phone he said it was too late for a refund i would have had to return it the day after purchase
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no nothing else i am going to the shop with the bike this morning so if i had a nuggett of information regarding my rights it would be useful

Hello Chrissie,

I am a solicitor and will try and help you today.

Why do you wish to return the bike? Did you see it before you bought it?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I did see it . It was only when i took it out of my car that i had a change of heart
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
no thanks just would like to know if i have any rights

Unless the bike is faulty or not as described or you were mis-sold the bike, I am afraid you would not have an automatic right to a refund unless the store is a no quibble refund policy.

The best thing is to try and talk to the store owner and see if there is a compromise somewhere.

May I help further?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
no thanks ill try and get it resoved by going to the shop

Thank you and good luck.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
ok response

You are welcome.