INC Law
INC Law, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, LPC, LL.M, Pg.Dip, Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

I have a copyright issue - can you help me with that? Ellie,

Hi, I have a copyright issue - can you help me with that? Ellie
JA: Do you have a registration record?
Customer: No
JA: Have you talked to a local attorney? Has anything been filed in court?
Customer: No - I've spoken to my solicitor but she isn't able to deal with copyright questions
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: What do you need to know before you connect me?

Hello,  Thank you for your question and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I would be grateful to assist you.  Could you kindly give me any further background details?  Kind regards AJ

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Hi AJ, What sort of details do you need? Questions about my father's work/questions about Lesley's background or my relationship with her/ has she done this before? Ellie

Hello,  Thank you very much.  If you can provide the back ground facts - is someone challenging copyright owned by your father?  Is it a literary work?  Do you have proof of authorship or ownership?  Thank you kindly for visiting Just Answer.  Kind regards AJ

Alex J., Solicitor
Experience: Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
No the copyright I hold is not being challenged. I am challenging the writer of the screenplay as she has broken part of our agreement and that, I don't think, has ever been signed anyway. So my question is can I put an embargo/stop on her taking the screenplay to directors/producers?
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
OK - so do you still take the charge of £44?

Hello,  Thank you.  I am sorry to hear you are having this problem.  Even if the agreement you had was unsigned - potentially it is still binding if those are the terms on which you provided the materials to the screen writer.  It would be binding through your actions consistent with showing an agreement.  If you are not happy with the end product you could potentially terminate the agreement.  Could you give me any details of the issues that have arisen?  I do hope this has been useful so far?  Kind regards AJ

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Helloooo - is there anyone there? I'm not getting any answers to my questions. Ellie

Hi Ellie,

I will call you shortly

Customer: replied 9 days ago.

I am finishing my current call and will call you in 5 mins.

INC Law, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience: LL.B, LPC, LL.M, Pg.Dip, Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)

Hi Ellie,

I seemed to have lost you. I have tried calling again but it is going straight to voicemail.

We have reconnected.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Many thanks,