How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Vineet S Your Own Question
Vineet S
Vineet S,
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2507
Experience:  Freelance Solicitor at Self Employed
Type Your Law Question Here...
Vineet S is online now

I have been unknowingly paying a mobile phone contract

This answer was rated:

I have been unknowingly paying a mobile phone contract beyond the end of my contract. Now the provider is refusing to refund the charges. What do I do?
JA: Where is this? And just to clarify, when was the purchase made?
Customer: A 2 years contract which expired in March this year
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I contacted them today to ask I was still being charged and all they said was that I never permitted them to stop the charge
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No

Welcome to Just Answer, I am a solicitor in England and Wales and I will be dealing with your case today.

Kindly note, I am not available for phone calls at the moment, however I can easily assist you via this online chat.

I will go through your question and will get back to you with my answer shortly.

Meanwhile, please ignore any phone call request pop-up, they get generated automatically without any input from the expert, so I have no control over these requests.

Hi there,

Usually in a mobile phone contract, the service provider charge you for the cost of the handset as well as for the network services for a specific period of time, that's the duration of your contract. Once your contract term is completed, the service providers drops your monthly payments to network services charges only. If the service provider has been wrongly charging you the contract charges even after its expiry, then you are due refund for the overpayments you have made.

You need to make a formal written complaint via your service provider internal complaint procedure, asking them to refund the overpayments .

If the service provider fails to resolve the issue, you can escalate the matter to the services ombudsman, once you have the deadlock letter from your service provider.

you can make a complaint to services ombudsman online using the below weblink-

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

In the meantime, thank you for using Just Answers. Best wishes.

Vineet S and other Law Specialists are ready to help you