How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ben Jones Your Own Question
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 73475
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ben Jones is online now

Am Finnishing work on I'll health, am 59years old, havering

This answer was rated:

Am Finnishing work on I'll health, am 59years old, b havering small pension about 100pound a week, that means I cant work again, can I still claim sick pay from s s p with doctors paper,thanks
JA: Have you discussed this with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: H R ongoing at the moment, very limited information given me
JA: What is your employment status? Are you an employee, freelancer, consultant or contractor? Do you belong to a union?
Customer: Am currently employed by local college ,yes am in union.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No that's it Thank you

Hello, I’m Ben. It’s my pleasure to assist you today. I may also ask for some preliminary information to help me determine the legal position.

Do you mean claim Ssp after you leave the employer? Please note this is not always an instant service and I may not be able to reply immediately. However, rest assured that I am dealing with your question and will get back to you today. Thanks

Ben Jones and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Hi Ben
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
OK that b fine
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
ssp thanks

Many thanks for your patience, I am pleased to be able to continue assisting with your query now. You are only eligible to receive SSP if you are employed by someone so once your employment with an employer terminates, you will no longer be able to claim SSP. In these circumstances you will be looking at other benefits.

What Government benefits a person is entitled to will very much depend on their personal circumstances and there are various factors which are taken into consideration. As all of these interplay with each other in various ways to determine their eligibility, it is best to go through an online benefits calculator, which would take all relevant factors into consideration.

The most commonly used calculators are the following:

The following details wilk be required to get an answer through these:

- savings

- income, including your partner’s

- existing benefits and pensions (including anyone living with you)

- outgoings (such as rent, mortgage, childcare payments)

- council tax bill

Once the results have been determined, there will be details on what may be claimed and how.

The alternative is to approach your local JobCentre Plus, which can discuss benefits with you and what the options are:

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Still waiting from yesterday phone call paid, £48. No one phoned me is this a scam
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Had no phone call yesterday.

It was not me who accepted your phone call request but I have no details of who did as we are all freelancers. If you are still waiting then please contact customer services to query this, thank you