Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
29905560

Do you have anyone who works in employment/grievance claims

Do you have anyone who works in employment/grievance claims ?thanks
JA: Was this discussed with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: Grievance not put forward yet but made a formal complaint against my Contacts Director
JA: What is your employment status? Are you an employee, freelancer, consultant or contractor? Do you belong to a union?
Customer: I’m currently still employed, I have joined a union but only from 1st April will help me ?
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: im not sure

Hello, I’m Ben. It’s my pleasure to assist you today. I may also ask for some preliminary information to help me determine the legal position.

Please provide some more details of your circumstances.  Please note this is not always an instant service and I may not be able to reply immediately. However, rest assured that I am dealing with your question and will get back to you today. Thanks

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I started with the company 13/8/18 , I left a freelance role when working on site and joined the main contractor who I was told was fantastic company to work for !! Not in my case , There sites are very political . They tried to get rid of me after around 2 months , I sent an email to my Contact Director and Project manager this was after project manager shaking my hand and telling me the was no more wore for me as site supervisor , My email was good and asked them to ask all contractors on site who was helping! So was told to come back to site , I worked on the site to near almost competition then had a week off waiting to start another site ! Sent to Bournemouth on £50k salary was till unhappy with the way I was previously treated so had a look and found another job I left company 21/12/18 and stared for another, but didn’t last long I was given an invite to come back if I wasn’t happy at new job ! Re started with old company 4/3/19 without any notice was asked while I just arrived to Bournemouth to take a 5k wage drop , I asked why , I was told to be in line with other Supervisors,and were supplying digs for you !! £100 extra for living away your not loosing anything. Long winded sorry!

Thank you very much for clarifying. So what do you specifically want to know about this, please or what are you ideally hoping to achieve in the circumstances?

Hello, I was wondering if you have had a chance to consider my query above please? I will need your response before I provide an accurate answer to your situation. Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you.

Without the requested information, I can only provide you with the following general response, which will hopefully still answer your query.

You can get a detailed explanation of the grievance process here:

https://www.acas.org.uk/grievance-procedure-step-by-step

In summary, an employee is expected to submit their concerns in writing and send them to their line manager, or whoever is nominated as the person to send grievances to under an official workplace grievance policy.

The complaint should include details of what the grievance is about, any evidence that may exist which is relevant and also what the employee wants their employer to do about this issue.

Once the grievance has been submitted, the employer is expected to arrange a formal grievance hearing, inviting the employee to attend and discuss the nature of their complaint. The meeting is also as an opportunity to ask for further clarification or information, as required.

Following the meeting, the employer will take time to consider all the issues and evidence and then make a decision, communicating it to the employee. If the outcome is not to the complainant’s satisfaction, they can appeal and get a second opinion from a different person assigned by the employer to consider the appeal. Once the appeal is also completed, that brings to an end the formal grievance process and there is no option to escalate it further internally.

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.