12826847

How do I prosecute an ex boyfriend for rape & attempted

How do I prosecute an ex boyfriend for rape & attempted murder
JA: Have any charges been filed? If so, when is the next court date?
Customer: the police are closing the case due to lack of evidence
JA: Where did this occur?
Customer: in the property / home that we purchased together
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No Thats great I have provided you all the information

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

Did you report this at the time?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Only domestic violence then he used threatening behaviour & told me that he would get my Stepfather knee capped
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I am really sorry but I can’t afford the cost of the telephone call

How long ago was this please?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
20 years ago

I am sorry but I cannot giveyou good news. I'm afraid you are in difficulty here.

I have to tell you the truth.

You do have the option to go and report thisbut the fact of a delay of 20 year is going to be a massive issue. The days when historical offences wereprosecuted liberally have gone really.

But you can report it.

Im really sorry but that is the position.

I am sorry but I have to tellyou the truth.

Do remember that I can only give you myopinion.

Another lawyer may have a different opinion.Litigation needs at least 2 parties and neither goes to court expecting tolose.

Nonetheless, one of them does, even thoughthey have been told by their respective legal advisers that they have a goodchance of success.

If there was a black-and-white answer to everylegal problem there would be no need for anything to ever proceed to court.

The ultimate decision comes from a countycourt judge in a civil case or from the magistrate in a criminal case heard inthe magistrates court or the jury in Crown Court.

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a waythat is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will bemore than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once againfor using our services.