INC Law
INC Law, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, LPC, LL.M, Pg.Dip, Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

My neighbours had a new boiler installed. The workmen have

My neighbours had a new boiler installed. The workmen have installed the gas pipe on the wall facing my home breaching the boundary and encroaching my very narrow drive by 3" restricting vehicular access to my garage.. can I get them to move it? I spoke to my neighbour who said he would see what he could do.. but have had no further response
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: Spoken to neighbour, who said he would see what he can do.. I have also tried to contact the boiler company who have not replied
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: No
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
The workmen accessed my property without permission to carry out the work. They left bricks and sharp offcuts of copper piping on my driveway.. which were luckily found before my 5 year old daughter got hold of them

Thank you for yoru query. I am a Solicitor-Advocate in the UK and will be assisting you with your question today.

Is the installation still in the neighbours property?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
The boundary is the the brick wall.. the pipe stick out past the wall 3"..
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
You have their house, my drive, my house.. the pipe is overhanging my drive attached to their wall
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
It comes out the wall approx 1ft from the ground and runs up the wall into the roof

Thank you for the clarification. If this is the case, you can possibly apply to court for an injunction compelling the neighbour to either remove or re-route the piping so as it no longer causes a nuisance or hindrance to you.

In order to do this, you would need to make an application to court for a General Form Injunction.  Further details can be found at the following link: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/form-n16a-application-for-injunction-general-form

I hope this answers your question. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Many thanks,