How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask INC Law Your Own Question
INC Law, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 15802
Experience:  LL.B, LPC, LL.M, Pg.Dip, Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
Type Your Law Question Here...
INC Law is online now

My wife and I are in process of emigrating to USA. The

This answer was rated:

Hello. My wife and I are in process of emigrating to USA. The removal firm we employed to ship entire house contents did not pack furniture or other contents properly and major damage was caused to substantial oak furniture, as well as other pieces of furniture. Is recovering the cost of repair/replacement from the company something you would be able to handle for us?
JA: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?
Customer: my wife is a USA citizen and is living at property in USA and I have a spousal visa application pending. I am still living in uk until this is approved.
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: we have not approached the uk company and have dealt with U.S. transportation company who deny any culpability.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Nothing I can think of.


Thank you for your query. I am a Solicitor-Advocate in teh UK and will be assisting you with your question today.

Where is the removal firm based and registered?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
They are Doree Bonner and are registered in UK.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I would prefer not to phone


You would have a potential claim against them in the UK.  Depending on the amount of damage caused, you may wish to pursue this yourself through the small claims court.

In order to do so, you would first need to write to the other party informing them of the loss you have incurred and demanding to be reimbursed within 14 days failing which you will issue a claim without further notice. At the end of the 14 days, you have not been paid, you will have to issue tour claim. You will be able to do this online at:

I hope this answers your question. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

many thanks,

Please ignore the call request. It is automatic through the site

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Ok thank you.

Its a pleasure.

Good luck!

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Superb information. Thank you for your fast and efficient work.

It is a pleasure.

Good luck!

INC Law and other Law Specialists are ready to help you