Anthony Chendo
Anthony Chendo,
Experience:  Solicitor at BLM
106282438

I ordered a battery mini chainsaw and tree cutter from Real

Hello, I ordered a battery mini chainsaw and tree cutter from Real Wood Uk on 26/4/2021 they said delivery was between 3-5 weeks all they sent me was a piece of wire with plastic handles which wasn’t even on the website I looked at I paid £9.99 for one and £19.99 for the chainsaw, we’re would I go to get help to either get what I ordered or my money back please. Lorraine
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: I live in England, my confirmation came from Canada and the order came from China. No I haven’t spoke to a lawyer yet.
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have sent more than 14 e- mails to them with pictures of what I ordered and what I received no luck so far
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: i have asked them time and time again to send my order but they said I ordered a manual tree cutter, they weren’t even advertising a manual one
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Sorry it was 26/2/2021 I ordered the items and not April as I put in my question

Welcome to JA.

Please note that this is not a chat service therefore you may experience delays but rest assured that I will respond within 24 hours.

Have real Wood acknowledged the later delivery of the items purchased?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
they said I got what I ordered but I haven’t
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I’m happy to talk through on e- mail

Thanks for your patience.

From the circumstances given it appears real wood uk have breached the agreement given they have not delivered the product purchased by the deadline date.

Alternatively they have breached the Consumer Rights Act 2015 given the product delivered does not match the description of what was ordered at the point of purchase. Therefore I suggest you write to them reminding of the agreement and the law. Further put them on notice that if they do not deliver the item within 7 days consider the contract rejected and you want your full refund, failing which you will escalate the matter to the trading standards.

You can consider complaint to the trading standards by using the link below:

Reporting to Trading Standards - Citizens Advice

Hopefully when they see the threat of further action they will fulfil the agreement or refund the money paid.

I hope i have clarified the position.

Thanks and stay safe.

Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please let me know if you need me to clarify the answer given.

Thanks and stay safe

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Thank you for your help

Your welcome and have a god night