Anthony Chendo
Anthony Chendo,
Experience:  Solicitor at BLM
106282438

I purchased a log cabin from Summerhouse24.co.uk, I was sent

I purchased a log cabin from Summerhouse24.co.uk, I was sent the exact measurements and design before I received it so I could get all the base sorted
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I purchased a log cabin from Summerhouse24.co.uk, when i started putting it together it was partially different from the one on the website I had ordered.
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have rung up the firm on numerous times and they apologised and said they had changed there suppliers, the windows on my log cabin are smaller than the ones I thought I was getting, They were going to have a chat and get back to me over a week ago and discuss some compensation but I have not heard anything, I have again emailed them about not getting an answer but still nothing
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: The company have sent me a wooden chair set as an apology and gesture of good will, I did not ask for this

Welcome to JA.

I am sorry to hear about your situation.

Please note that this is not a chat service therefore you may experience delays but rest assured that I will respond within 24 hours.

The Consumers Rights Act states that where goods sold that do not match the description given prior to the purchase then the seller can exercise a number of remedies.

One of the remedies available is the right to reject the goods and request a refund. Another is to demand a replacement.

In view of the law it appears you ought to demand the log cabin should be replaced to match the description agreed on. Alternatively if they cannot fulfil the order then you should consider a refund.

If they do not accept your position then you may consider court action against the seller.

With regards ***** ***** action I suggest you consider instructing a local solicitor or return to JA and we can assist you with this process.

I hope I have clarified the position.

Thanks and stay safe.

Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please let me know if you need me to clarify the answer given.

Thanks and stay safe

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I have know just finished building the log cabin and paid to have a proper triple felted roof put on, I am asking your advice as to getting some compensation for the changes. Surely this company should have contacted me about the changes to the cabin before they sent it out