james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

I have 3 CCJs. -One of them just got deleted from my credit

Hello,I have 3 CCJs.
-One of them just got deleted from my credit file Automatically as it is now a 6 year old CCJ. I already cleared the balance last year.
CCJ date: 04/2015-The second one will also get deleted in September this year for being 6 year old. I already have a payment plan in place.
CCJ date: 10/2015-The third one is valid till 2023 with a payment plan in place.
CCJ date: 11/2017The Problem:
I applied for ILR in Jan 2017 and got approved in 2018. I did not mention anything about the 2 CCJs I already had, simply because I was not aware that I had 2 CCJs in my name. I realized the CCJs only in 2021 when I decided to apply for Naturalization. I came to know the CCJs after my friend asked me to check my Credit Report.My questions are:
1. Do I need to declare in my Naturalization app about the CCJ that is no longer in my credit file?2. The second CCJ will also get deleted from my credit file in October this year. Should I need to wait till October for the Naturalization app?3. Even if I declare the CCJs in my Naturalization app, are they going to refuse my app for failing to disclose 2 CCJs that had existed at the time of ILR app? (even though I only came to know about these this year).

Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Hi James, hope you are well too. What do you think of the issues I mentioned?

The good news is this would not have an adverse effect on your application. It would not be refused because of the CCJ. You would need to declare them and show proof of the payment arrangements ypu have set up and you would be good .

So to clarify this, you would confirm any show evidence of the payment plan you have set up for any ongoing CCJ and ypu will be fine with your application.

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. I am pleased I was able to be of assistance. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.