INC Law
INC Law, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, LPC, LL.M, Pg.Dip, Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

I live in the same house what has been split into flats with

I live in the same house what has been split into flats with my partner ex wife. He's not around at the moment and I have a water leak coming from upstairs where she lives. I've asked in many occasions for this issue to be solved without any luck
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: No. I've been messaging her
JA: Where is the house located?
Customer: Bedfont
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: They are in process of getting divorce And financials haven't been sorted I am currently paying all bills

I am a Solicitor-Advocate in the UK and will be assisting you with your question today.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.

I would suggest that you write to the ex wife demanding that the damage be made good and leak repaired failing which you will have the work carried out and will recover the amount paid from her.

I hope this answers your question. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

many thanks,

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Already texted her about it

You may have to have the work carried out and then pursue her through the small claims court.

Alternatively, I would report the matter to the insurers.

many thanks,

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
What do you mean by reporting to insurers? I am paying for everything. What can they do about it? She's not bothered about anything really

If you have buildings Insurance, this is something that may be covered by your policy. The insurers would repair and then recover any costs from the neighbours.