INC Law
INC Law, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, LPC, LL.M, Pg.Dip, Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

I purchased a kitchen from the kitchen depot on 16th jan

Hi I purchased a kitchen from the kitchen depot on 16th jan 2016. I noticed the white doors where turning yellow I tried to contact them on numerous occasions but they were closed due to the pandemic, when I eventually got them they said my guarantee had ran out on January I think they are being unreasonable as it’s not my fault they were closed do you think I have a case.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I’m in Glasgow
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Only phone calls
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: i don’t think so

Thank you for your query. I am a Solicitor-Advocate in the UK and will be assisting you with your question today.

I would suggest that you file a formal complaint with the Kitchen Depot.  If you do not get a satisfactory response to your complaint, you will have to escalate your complaint to the Furniture and Home Improvement Ombudsman.  Further details of how to make a complaint can be found at the following link: - https://www.fhio.org/dispute  They should investigate your complaint.

I hope this answers your question. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

What else would you like to know about this.

The alternative to a complaint to the Ombudsman is a claim through the small claims courts.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Many thanks,

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Thanks for your help

Its a pleasure.

Good luck