How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask james bruce Your Own Question
james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4460
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
Type Your Law Question Here...
james bruce is online now

Yea please, london, none, I received a letter British

This answer was rated:

Yea please
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: london
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: none
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I received a letter British transport police
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
File attached (PV2646L)
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
File attached (Z3M23PT)
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
The court date is in 2 weeks
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Thank you

Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.
Can I please ask you to give me some more detailed information regarding this matter so as to allow me to work with you and help resolve your enquiry.
How may I assist?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Well I was arrested last year at Victoria embankment station and taken in custody
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I was very drunk and can't remember much of what happened that night
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Only remember taking the train and before we took the train me and my wife went to buy 2 bottles of wine she fell asleep on the train and only woke up when I was holding on the floor by police and taken away
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I apparently I shouting racial abuse to a an Asian man and was arguing on the train
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I'm very worry
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
About losing my job because of this event
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Or end up in jail
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Can you tell me what can happen
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Thank you James

Understood. There are 3 charges. The first is the most serious the racially aggravated offence. That could be dealt with in the magistrates court or crown court. The other two offences are less serious and both magistrates matters only.

I would advice that you look for a local criminal defence firm to represent you. They can apply for legal aid. They would be able to then obtain full case papers and advice you on the evidence that the prosecution have and advice on plea.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** Inget that information and what happens if I do go court with out a legal representative
Customer: replied 7 days ago.

Sorry call offers are auto generated from the site, not from me. I am currently unavailable for calls, but more than happy to continue here.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I already make the payment for a call

The first court hearing is where the allegations will be put to you. You would enter pleas of guilty or not guilty and then the case would be adjourned with for a trial date or if you plead guilty for pre sentence reports.


james bruce and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
If I'm not getting call can get a refund please
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Can I be send to jail? Or even worst loose my job?

As advised I am not available for calls, I have attached the link to follow to request a refund. Here it is again.

The 3rd charge would be a fine. The first two are assault charges the first readily aggravated. It would depend on exactly what happened and how serious the incident was, but yes that could lead to prison sentence. More likely a community order. As for your job, that would be up to your employer.

This is why I advice a solicitor to represent you, the charge is serious and you would not be wise going alone.
The above link will assist you to find a legal aid firm near to you.

Can I assist further or clarify anything.

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. I am pleased I was able to be of assistance. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.