INC Law
INC Law, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, LPC, LL.M, Pg.Dip, Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

I am owed £45000 I loaned to someone - It should have been

Hi I am owed £45000 I loaned to someone - It should have been paid back in October 2020 - I now need some legal help please
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Harefield, Middx
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have a loan agreement and weekly correspondence chasing the money. Responses promising repayment - but only small amounts arriving
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I'd prefer to deal with a local female solicitor if possible?

Thank you for your query. I am a Solicitor-Advocate in the UK and will be assisting you with your question today.

I would suggest that you write to the other party demanding that you are repaid within 14 days failing which you will issue a claim without further notice. If at the end of the 14 days you have not been repaid, you will have to issue a claim. You will be able to do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk

If you wish to engage a local solicitor, you will be able to find details of one on the law society website under the section Find A Solicitor. The web address is: www.lawsociety.org.uk

I hope this answers your question. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

many thanks,

Customer: replied 2 days ago.
Thank you for your quick response.

Its a pleasure.

good luck!