RJM Law
RJM Law, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons)
106205234

Police have taken a statement but I want to make two change

Police have taken a statement but I want to make two change but won't contact me back
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: England
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: None
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
My father has been accused of child abused by my brother children (my brother is going thru a divorce with his ex wife)
This allegations has come at the same time as custody case is in process.we believe this is desperate move into getting fully custody of the kids by the mother.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have giving a statement to the police (which I have not signed)i want to make two changes but they are not returning my calls or responding to my emails
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Let's been 3 weeks since they taken the statement

Welcome and thank you for choosing our service, I will be the expert assisting you with this matter today.   I appreciate this matter is important to you and I shall try to resolve it as precisely and quickly as possible for you today.

Please note; there may be delays between messages as the experts on this website all work on a third party basis and are not online full time however, I shall endeavour to respond to your question as soon as possible.  I look forward to assisting you in this matter.

Thank you for the question and I am sorry to hear about the matter.  Sadly, this is not a rare situation.  The first step is to email the police officer in charge of the case with your addendums to your statement.  You have the right to do so.  However if for any reason they do not do this you will also have the opportunity to speak with the Crown Prosecution Service to give full evidence.  However, I would continue to chase up the police in the meantime, specifically the officer who is in charge of the investigation.

I hope this information proved helpful.  You will find a local solicitor who deals with these matters on the law society webpage which is as follows;

https://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk/ (England)

https://www.lawscot.org.uk/find-a-solicitor/ (Scotland)

https://www.lawsociety.ie/Find-a-Solicitor/Solicitor-Firm-Search/ (Ireland)

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Should you require any further assistance on this matter, please do not hesitate to post a further questions for additional assistance.

Kindest Regards.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Will the police look at the allegation and decide if it goes to cps or it will go to cps regardless of evidence.....surely they won't just take to children word for it...would they...bear in mind, the kids have been living with the mother for last 8 months with no contact with usIs this situation really not rare?....
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I will keep chasing the police.....would cps contact me....

If you are a witness to the events it is entirely likely they would contact you.   However you can also contact them if you are not having any luck with the police.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No I was not witness...they asked my about life at my family home with the kids
Customer: replied 1 month ago.

If the police decide to charge then it will be passed forward to the CPS however it is then up to the CPS if they wish to move forward with the charges.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Is this a common occurrence?...
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
the police could not charge?....but would they take two children word for it

The police can charge him yes, this would be put forward to the CPS.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
But they can also not charge him????

Yes, the police would charge him with the offence.  The charge will get sent to the CPS.  If the CPS feel that is it worth taking to court due to evidence or in the public interest then he will receive a notification of this that he has to attend court accordingly.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
it's not a automatically charged....they have find an offence

No if he has been arrested then he has been charged already with an offence.  It is up to the CPS if they wish to prosecute him for the charge.  However if the police have enough evidence to charge him it is likely the CPS will attempt to prosecute.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
He not been arrested or charged just a interview

The police will inform him if he is going to be charged or not after the interview.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Would they just take a child word for it.....