RJM Law
RJM Law, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons)
106205234

I was arrested last month for criminal damage and common

Hi, I was arrested last month for criminal damage and common assault after a drunken argument with my partner. I was bailed with conditions not to contact her. I answered bail today and was told my bail has been extended to next Tuesday. When I was first interviewed I stupidly refused a solicitor and admitted to the criminal damage but not to the common assault. We were arguing in our bedroom and I stormed out pulling over a wardrobe and punching the bedroom door. My partner was not harmed in anyway. She phoned the police and I ended up getting arrested outside while I was having a cigarette. The cps are now investigating. What can I expect to happen? Also, is there any chance that the conditions of bail can be changed?
JA: Do you have any upcoming court dates on the charges?
Customer: no, I have to go to the police station again on the 11th
JA: Where did this occur?
Customer: at our home
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: the police have been called before for another drunken verbal argument but Nobody was charged with anything

Welcome and thank you for choosing our service, I will be the expert assisting you with this matter today.   I appreciate this matter is important to you and I shall try to resolve it as precisely and quickly as possible for you today.

Please note; there may be delays between messages as the experts on this website all work on a third party basis and are not online full time however, I shall endeavour to respond to your question as soon as possible.  I look forward to assisting you in this matter.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hello, hopefully you are able to advise me on what’s best to do
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I should also say that my partner does not want to press charges.

Firstly, it is possible to have the bail conditions changed, yes, you will require to write to the police and explain why they should be changed.  You can request for part of the condition to be removed or altered.  In terms of what will happen it is really dependent on what can be proven in court and the seriousness of the offence.  The court will also take into consideration what is called mitigating factors, i.e. if you were provoked etc.  However I would sincerely ***** ***** a defence solicitor.  In terms of your partner, whether she wishes to press charges or not is irrelevant.  It is not your partner who is bringing the charge it is the police and CPS therefore it is entirely up to them whether it proceeds to court or not I am afraid to say.

I shall provide you with a helpful link that will assist you in finding a solicitor/representative near your local area.  This will provide you with someone nearby your area who can assist you if required.

I hope this information proved helpful.  You will find a local solicitor who deals with these matters on the law society webpage which is as follows;

https://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk/ (England)

https://www.lawscot.org.uk/find-a-solicitor/ (Scotland)

https://www.lawsociety.ie/Find-a-Solicitor/Solicitor-Firm-Search/ (Ireland)

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Should you require any further assistance on this matter, please do not hesitate to post a further questions for additional assistance.

Kindest Regards.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.

You are very welcome and I wish you all the best.