How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RJM Law Your Own Question
RJM Law, Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 3157
Experience:  LL.B (Hons)
Type Your Law Question Here...
RJM Law is online now

I am an employer. I have an employee who has taken £4250

This answer was rated:

i am an employer .
I have an employee who has taken £4250 cash for a job of my company plus invoiced another of my clients to pay him £ 800.00 direct for my company work. he has been paid for this work already by my company .
plus he owes me personally £ 600
5 months later and do not have money back .
he has also just taken off 14 weeks unauthirised leave . i do not know where i stand.
in addition for £ 4250 he advised client for cash payment he suggested that money should not be paid to my wife who is empoyee and shareholder when i was in hospital and pay him direct. he did not charge vat either as he should
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Welcome and thank you for choosing our service, I will be the expert assisting you with this matter today.   I appreciate this matter is important to you and I shall try to resolve it as precisely and quickly as possible for you today.

Please note; there may be delays between messages as the experts on this website all work on a third party basis and are not online full time however, I shall endeavour to respond to your question as soon as possible.  I look forward to assisting you in this matter.

Thank you.

Thank you for the question.   I will answer this in two parts.  Firstly, in terms of the money he has taken this is quite simply fraud which is a criminal offence.  I would therefore write to him and state that if the money is not returned in full to the company you will notify the police and also pursue him for any losses.  If he has overcharged customers, I would strongly suggest that when you obtain the funds, you refund the residue back to your customers if required.  In terms of the employment aspect, this is almost certainly gross misconduct and you would have the right to terminate his employment.  However there are strict guidelines, even in these circumstances, that you must follow to avoid any possibility of a legal action against your for unfair dismissal, even when the matter is clear.  Be sure that you deal with this in the correct manner and you should be fine.  If you do not have an employment lawyer or are unsure of the procedure then you can get a guide from Acas or instruct someone to deal with the matter for you.

I shall provide you with a helpful link that will assist you in finding a solicitor/representative near your local area.  This will provide you with someone nearby your area who can assist you if required.

I hope this information proved helpful.  You will find a local solicitor who deals with these matters on the law society webpage which is as follows; (England) (Scotland) (Ireland)

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Should you require any further assistance on this matter, please do not hesitate to post a further questions for additional assistance.

Kindest Regards.

RJM Law and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
ok thanks . let me know if uou need any more info . employee with me for 32 years . he has been paid weekly . no written contract between us .he is paid sickness ./ min 22 days paid holiday plus bank holiday .all mentioned
works above have already been paid to employee a wages but he has taken what i would have invoiced had i not been in hospital
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I am trying to contact toss moller who I got from this website . I am having difficulty contacting him . Do you employ him .
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Sorry there were typing errors. I am trying to contact ross Miller. I got him through RJM group on this site does he work for you ?
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Ross will you please call me now. I need to know what’s going on . I am very stressed now