How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Marcinlondon Your Own Question
Marcinlondon, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 405
Experience:  Qualified Lawyer - 8 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Marcinlondon is online now

I need a solicitor to write a letter to a builder that

This answer was rated:

Good morning I need a solicitor to write a letter to a builder that charged me for goods but did not deliver them.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I am in south east london
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: i have sent him emails in regards ***** ***** but he refuses to pay. I am happy to send a letter again to him myself but i thought it would be better from a solicitor
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: This happened in 2019 he breached contract and i took over completion of the build. I am not in the right frame of mind to start the process to get monies back that are owed

Hello, this isCustomerand welcome to JustAnswer. I will be the lawyer working with you today and I will be happy to advise you to the extent possible on this platform. I will review your question and I will be back with my answer shortly. You will get notified when my answer is ready therefore there is no need to wait online.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I can provide you with correspondence via emails between myself and the builder.

Thank you for your patience. I am sorry to hear about your issue with the builder. We can’t sign letters on this platform but all you need to do to send a letter before claim where you set out all the relevant background and demand your money back within 14-21 days, failing which you will be taking legal action. Please have a look at similar templates here. Just follow the structure and you should be fine: Letter before small claims court claim - Which?

If this fails you will need to consider issuing a claim in a small claims court. You can do it here: Make a court claim for money - GOV.UK (

I hope this helps.

Fell free to ask me any follow up questions. I am happy to help.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you very much, that helps i did draft my own letter but i can tweak it as this letter is obviously worded professionally

Pleasure. I hope all goes well. Keep me updated. Many thanks for using our services.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you I will do
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
If it is ok with you if i need any help i will send you a message.

To the extent I can help - I will!

Marcinlondon and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hello Marcin can you please tell me what your rates are if I need correspondence to the contractor to be followed up by you?

I will make an offer here.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I will see first how he responds to my letter and I will revert back to you
Many thanks

Sounds like a plan.